Are you Bear Aware?
Bears have recently been spotted at Riverview. Please ensure that you use caution while on the property.
The BC Conservation Foundation reminds us that the best encounter with a bear is no encounter.
To reduce your chances of a bear encounter:
- Make noise and talk loudly as you walk
- Do not wear headphones
- Avoid secluded or isolated areas
If you do encounter a bear:
- Remain calm. Face the bear, without making eye contact, and slowly back away
- Avoid running or sudden movements
- Keep young children close to you at all times
- Keep your pets on a leash at all times
- Never approach or feed a bear
The BC Conservation Office Service (COS) handles all issues regarding bears. To report any issues you may encounter please contact BC COS at 1-877-952-7277.